Useful sources of information
IN AN EMERGENCY...
Electricity power failure?
If there's a power cut call the free emergency number 105 to check what's happening with your local provider.
If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, call the free Gas Emergency Services number on 0800 111 999.
Find out what's happening by calling Thames Water on 0800 980 8800.
- Kidmore End School
- Our local primary school
- Kidmore End Preschool
- A stimulating environment for children in which they can join with other children and adults to play, work and learn together
- Kidmore End Cricket Club
- Pictures of the parish, past and present
- 1st Kidmore End Brownies
- There is a waiting list but if you would like to know more, contact Louise Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our MP
- Information about and from John Howell MP
- Save Farthingworth Green
- A residents group opposed to the use of a site in the south of Kidmore End Parish as a permanent venue for the (Caversham) Heights Free School
- South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (Henley)
- Local citizens and employees with a problem can now contact the Henley and District CAB by email. Enquiries can be placed via an online form here.
- Chiltern Society, The
- If you care about what happens in the Chilterns and would like to join the society's 6,500 members and 400 active volunteers in helping to protect our beautiful part of England, you can find out more on this website.
- Kidmore End Parish Council is a corporate member of The Chiltern Society
- Chilterns Commons Project
- The Chilterns Commons Project wants to encourage people to make the most of commons for walking, playing and enjoying the outdoors and to get involved with caring for and studying them so that we don't lose these precious landscapes for good. Find out more on this website.
- South Oxfordshire District Council's arts venue in Didcot, with a fantastic array of facilities: an auditorium for theatre, shows, gigs and performances, a visual arts gallery, a welcoming cafe/bar and a dance studio, plus high quality multi-purpose spaces used for our own programme of classes and workshops. It is also available to hire for conferences, meetings, classes and children's parties.
- Counsellor Directory
- A list of counsellors and therapists in Oxfordshire
- Entrust Care Partnership
- "To meet the needs of disabled children, young persons, adults, and their families and carers through the provision of short break activities, care, support, training, advice, and brokerage tailoring services which are bespoke to the individual."
- FISH Volunteer Centre
- A support and transport service for those in need in the community
- Open Gardens – The UK National Directory
- A valuable tool to help you publicise your own 'open garden' events and find out about other events both near to you and elsewhere in the country
- Oxfordshire County Council
- All you need to know about Oxfordshire from your county council
- Oxfordshire Health (NHS Foundation Trust)
- An important source of information about physical and mental health and social care to help you stay well and choose well from the full range of NHS services
- Oxfordshire Trading Standards Service
- The organisation responsible for enforcing the legislation controlling advertising, marketing, distribution and supply of goods and services in our area
- Peppard News
- The community newspaper of the parish of Rotherfield Peppard – current news and back issues
- Renewable energy
- Thames Valley Energy advice centre
- Sonning Common Community Cycle Ride 'On Your Bike'
- A family, charity cycling event with the dual aims of promoting cycling in our beautiful South Oxfordshire countryside and raising money for Sonning Common Primary School and The Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust
- Sonning Common Magazine
- Lots of useful information about what's happening in and around Sonning Common
- Sonning Common Parish Council
- The official site of Sonning Common Parish Council: structure, membership, business, news and minutes of meetings
- South and Vale Carers Centre
- A local charity, working with carers of all ages throughout the Vale and South Oxfordshire area
- Supermum Oxfordshire
- A directory of small businesses in Oxfordshire run by women who combine motherhood with operating a business
- Thames Valley Police
- Weather forecasts
- The Met Office has a great site – check out the rainfall radar map!